nv-l

Re: [nv-l] discovery from linux?

2004-08-18 13:11:08
Subject: Re: [nv-l] discovery from linux?
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 12:57:52 -0400

Discovery is netmon's job.  Is netmon running?  Any errors noted in the netmon.trace file?  Are you sure that the snmp read community name for the box matches the default community name in xnmsnmpconf?  Or do you have an override entry for the box?  If the IP Internet is blue then that would mean we don't even know anything about the box that NetView is installed on.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

Mike <mikee AT mikee.ath DOT cx>
Sent by: owner-nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

08/18/2004 12:46 PM
Please respond to
nv-l

NetView <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
cc
Subject
[nv-l] discovery from linux?

I've installed NV on RH 7.2 and have used the Option->Manage for
the 'IP Internet' symbol, but the symbol stays blue and there seems
to be no auto-discovery happening. What's going on? Why is auto-
discovery not happening and how do I change/turn it on?

Mike