nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Loading MIBS

2004-08-09 14:33:53
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Loading MIBS
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 14:23:11 -0400

You have to find the MIBs which contain either TRAP-TYPE (SNMP V1) or NOTIFICATION-TYPE (SNMP V2) statements and run mib2trap on them.   The output of mib2trap is an addtrap script and optionally a baroc file to use with TEC.  When mib2trap is finished, you execute the addtrap scripts and this defines the traps to trapd.conf.  But they will all be added as "Log Only" by default, so you may want to edit the addtrap script before you run it or trapd.conf, using xnmtrap, afterward.    See the mib2trap man page for more details.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

reamd AT Nationwide DOT com
Sent by: owner-nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

08/09/2004 01:53 PM
Please respond to

<nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
cc
Subject
[nv-l] Loading MIBS

Hi All,
         I am currently sending traps from Cisco's Ip Telephony
Environment Montior (ITEM) and I loaded the following mibs on Netview:
CISCO-SMI-V1SMI.my,  CISCO-PRODUCTS-MIB-V1SMI.my,  CISCO-TC-V1SMI.my and
CISCO-EPM-NOTIFICATION-MIB-V1SMI.my.

My problem is that all the traps received are coming accross as a
tcpConnectionClose trap..  Is there something more that I need to do to get
these defined correctly.

Thanks, Dave

AIX 5.1
7.1.4....