nv-l

[nv-l] MLM events in TEC

2004-08-04 14:26:36
Subject: [nv-l] MLM events in TEC
From: wolfgang.bergbauer AT attglobal DOT net
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 20:09:37 +0200

Hi all,

After migrating Netview 6.0.3 to Netview 7.1.4 FP01 we see problems with our MLM events.
All the MLM events are coming into TEC as TEC_ITS_BASE, with some variables that identify it as MLM/Threshold events, with a generic and specific trapd ID

Now 2 issues here:

1. When I look into trapd.conf, there is no TEC Event defined for MLM/Threshold events. How can it go to TEC then as TEC_ITS_BASE.
2. For all our  MLM ARM/ReARM events I have specific entries in the trapd.conf with OID of Tivoli/MLM_Threshold {1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6.12.5.1} and a unique specific trap ID.
This definition seems to be completely ignored.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

        Wolfgang
Wolfgang Bergbauer
Network and System Management Consultant
Cell phone: +49 172 534 9131
E-mail: wolfgang.bergbauer AT attglobal DOT net