nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Demand poll on newly added router causes Router to be Deleted

2004-07-29 11:31:34
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Demand poll on newly added router causes Router to be Deleted
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:16:33 -0400

The traps only indicate what happened, not why.
Have you tried getting a netmon trace?   Start it from the command line, netmon -M -1, and then repeat the process.  Then you can follow along in the netmon.trace file.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Allison, Jason (JALLISON)" <JALLISON AT arinc DOT com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

07/29/2004 11:00 AM
Please respond to
nv-l

"'nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com'" <nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com>
cc
"Allison, Jason (JALLISON)" <JALLISON AT arinc DOT com>
Subject
[nv-l] Demand poll on newly added router causes Router to be Deleted

All:

I was summoned to the operations center to witness an obscure scenario.  Following our procedures to discover a router (which we have run a million times in the past), we would add the router, perform a demand poll.  When the demand poll was finished, the router would be deleted (through no action of my own) and I would get these traps (summarized):

Interface Ethernet0/0 Deleted .1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6.3.1 specific 58785793
Node Deleted .1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6.3.1 specific 58785793

Has anyone come across this issue before and if so whats goin on here?

Thanks,

Jason Allison
Principal Engineer

ARINC Incorporated