nv-l

RE: [nv-l] Unreachable CSS objects, wierd.

2004-07-29 09:12:39
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Unreachable CSS objects, wierd.
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr AT csgsystems DOT com>
To: <nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 07:57:06 -0500
By CSS are you talking about Cisco content switch? Most likely you have
Nat'd addresses for the interfaces. I believe you would need CNAT to
discover them completely and correctly. I have this issue too but we're
getting rid of them so I haven't moved forward with CNAT.

Also the "management" interface doesn't show up in the interface table.
My situation only works because I do NOT use the management interface as
the one I discover the box with. Also the NetView servers in my network
are statically NAT'd and that maybe why my icons stay green. Can't
remember all the details on this.