nv-l

[nv-l] Unreachable CSS objects, wierd.

2004-07-29 04:55:05
Subject: [nv-l] Unreachable CSS objects, wierd.
From: gimli AT hhcrew DOT tk
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:44:41 +0200 (CEST)
Hi

For aboute 2 days ago, something just happend by it self. I started to get
some larms on two CSS objects on my netview. It seems that its
unreachable, from what I can see on the color(white). But I can ping and
do snmp on the objects. When I do it, it turns green again ofcourse. So
the problem seems that in some how, netview dont want to check the
objects. Okej the objects and the nets behind our CSS are unreachable but
I have done unmanaged on those so it shouldnt matters.

Aboute the seed file:
x.x.x.x
$x.x.x.x-x

That is how it looks in our seed file and ofcourse its not x.x.x.x =) well
well you understand.

Im using Netview version 7.1 on Linux RedHat.

Thank you

//Tom