nv-l

RE: [nv-l] Need monitoring advice

2004-07-16 17:35:55
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Need monitoring advice
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr AT csgsystems DOT com>
To: <nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 16:26:48 -0500
I agree. We have a large ATM network, and we do not poll the remote routers - we use the incoming link up / link down traps from the local side routers. We do poll the local side routers to make sure they are up of course. Even with that, I think you would be okay polling them for status on a 5 minute interval - with SNMP or with pings.