nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Point to Point link color status change

2004-07-13 10:50:14
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Point to Point link color status change
From: Paul <pstroud AT bellsouth DOT net>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:34:31 -0400
Peter,
Is it a meta-connection, in other words a connection showing
multiple paths? If so, that may be what you are seeing, while
one line is down, the other is still up so you still have
connectivity. Double-click on the black line, does it show you
anything?

Paul

Peter.Ingleson AT atradius DOT com wrote:

List,

I'm running NV 7.1.4 with fixpack 1 on AIX 5.1 ML5.

I have several routers with point to point E3 connections, all are managed via their loopback addresses via SNMP each having two separate pathways back to the netview station. I've noticed that when one of these connections is down the interface changes to red, the higher level router symbol changes to yellow but the line representing the E3 link remains black. For other routers simply connecting via one link to another router the links will change colour as appropriate.

Do I need to do anything to force the link to change to red\yellow to indicate a failure?

Thanks

Peter

This message is intended for the addressee or its representative only.
Any form of unauthorized use, publication, reproduction, copying or
disclosure of the content of this e-mail is not permitted. If you are
not the intended recipient of this e-mail message and its contents,
please notify the sender immediately and delete this message and
all its attachments subsequently.