nv-l

[nv-l] Problem with discovery routers

2004-06-17 06:50:40
Subject: [nv-l] Problem with discovery routers
From: Javier Morate Guerrero <jmorate AT carrefour DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 12:34:16 +0200

      Hi,

      We have 7.1.4 over AIX 5.1

      I have a problem.  We have 4 central routers (CISCO), with more than
200 interfaces frame-relay each one.  In order to have high availability,
the IPs are duplicated among them.  Each router it has a fixed unique IP.
I have activates the option of duplicated IPs in netmon.

       Netview represents to me, correctly, to three of them.  The other
puts it of white color, we do ping to him and it is put green, but if
nmdemandpoll is done to him, netmon delete the object.  What can be
happening?

Francisco Javier Morate Guerrero
Dpto. Gestión de Sistemas
Carrefour España