nv-l

Re: [nv-l] again location.conf

2004-06-11 19:40:48
Subject: Re: [nv-l] again location.conf
From: "Bill Evans" <wvevans AT epix DOT net>
To: <nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 19:26:29 -0400
Two variables associated with this with your added information.
  1. Oh, Linux base.  Possible bug in what is a relatively new platform. The Unix versions have had almost fifteen years to mature since first design and even the Windows version is into it's second set of teeth. Linux may have inherited some good genes but it's still the baby of the family.  Time to fire up my Linux image and see what I find.  (Play time!  Yipee.)
  2. You did not say it was a second map associated problem and IY48698 specifically addresses second maps.  If a second map it's probably the APAR.
I don't expect problems with the header; just ruling out the possibility.  Same with the third and fourth items; not necessarily associated with the problem but hints on developing location files.

Bill