nv-l

[nv-l] Duplicate IP

2004-06-02 07:21:35
Subject: [nv-l] Duplicate IP
From: Maxime TRANNOY <MTRANNOY AT fr.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 13:07:07 +0200

Hello.

I have one switch for customer A with the IP address 192.168.1.1 that we
ping only (not SNMP configured)
I have one router for customer B with the IP adrdres x.x.x.x which have an
interface with the IP 192.168.1.1

I configured the netmon.conf with the variable
# Set to TRUE to report duplicate IP addresses, don't remove them.
NV_NETMON_REPORT_DUP_ADDRS_ONLY=TRUE

I check that the variable was well configured in the netmon.trace by the
command netmon -a 160.

But when netmon discover the interfaces of the customer B, it tells me
duplicate IP and removed the switch of customer A. That's strange because
the variable say  don't remove them.

I want to keep both IP 192.168.1.1 even if they are duplicated because they
does not belong to the same device.

Cordialement.

Maxime TRANNOY