nv-l

RE: [nv-l] Unix Clients User Roles

2004-05-31 20:32:00
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Unix Clients User Roles
From: "Evans, Bill" <Bill.Evans AT hq.doe DOT gov>
To: "'nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com'" <nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 20:21:27 -0400

I think you're trying to mix up two different concepts; Unix operators and NetView operators.  NetView has two different security mechanisms; one each for Web Console and the classic console.

The web console lets you customize what functions are performed by a couple levels of operator.

Activation of the classic security mechanism is optional.  If it is activated you can identify different levels of capability by NetView subapplication by class.

Neither one is related to the Unix super-user capability which is independent of the NetView mechanism.

The details are in the Administrator's Guide.

Bill Evans
Tivoli NetView Support for DOE
301-903-0057