We are using netview 7.1.3 with windows 2000
I have a problem with data collection
when I issue snmpodump (snmpcoldump) some nodes
appear with their IP addresses and the others appear with their host names
taking in consideration that all the nodes are resolved correctly to their host
names in the netview console and in the objects database.
also when I changed some of the host
names in the etc\hosts file some of the collected data appeared with the
old host name of the nodes.
I tried making the following but did not
- stopping the netmon and the snmpcollect
- clearing all netview databases
- clearing snmpcollect database
(usr\ov\database\snmpcollect is now empty )
- starting the netmon daemon
- making sure that netview discovered all the
needed nodes with correct host name
- starting the the snmpcollect daemon
but the problem stills
any one can help?