nv-l

Re: [nv-l] font & color question

2004-05-25 14:55:31
Subject: Re: [nv-l] font & color question
From: jason.ctr.alburger AT faa DOT gov
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 14:42:02 -0400

Thanks, James.  That fixed the problem.

Jason Alburger
609-485-7225
CPDLC Engineer
Joseph Sheairs Associates, Inc.
FAA/AOS-330

                      James Shanks

                      <jshanks AT us DOT ibm.c        To:       nv-l AT
lists.us.ibm DOT com
                      om>                      cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [nv-l] font &
color question
                      owner-nv-l@lists.

                      us.ibm.com

                      05/25/2004 02:11

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      nv-l

Try  doing this before starting the GUI:
        xrdb -merge $HOME/.Xdefaults

xrdb is a standard X-windows command  (sorry, don't know the path for it on
Linux,  but it should be in your X11 libraries somewhere).   You might also
have to do this on Solaris or AIX if  you changed the defaults after you
logged into the CDE desktop.

James Shanks
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

 jason.ctr.alburger AT faa DOT gov

 Sent by: owner-nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

                                                     nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT
com
 05/19/2004 02:49 PM                                                    cc

                                                                   Subject
            Please respond to                        [nv-l] font & color
                  nv-l                               question

Red Hat 7.2, NetView 7.1.3 + FixPack 1

I'm having trouble changing the displayed colors in the events list.  I've
created the $HOME/.Xdefaults file which works with mixed results.  If I log
in REMOTELY to my Netview server & start NetView, all colors & fonts look
as I've specified in the $HOME/.Xdefaults file.  That much is OK.

If I log in DIRECTLY to my NetView server, the colors & fonts are displayed
only as specified in the system config files in the /usr/OV/app-defaults
directory.  I can only get the colors & fonts to look like what I want if I
edit the system config files in /usr/OV/app-defaults if I log directly into
the box.  Why won't it use the $HOME/.Xdefaults file???

Thanks in advance!!