nv-l

[nv-l] Submap Explorer Lost Connection

2004-05-24 11:42:18
Subject: [nv-l] Submap Explorer Lost Connection
From: <westphal2002 AT charter DOT net>
To: <nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 15:29:38 +0000
Hello Everyone.

NV 7.1.4 FP1 on AIX 5.2
We just moved most of our users to the Web Console map. I thought the
conversion was running pretty well until I learned this morning that a number
of users are getting disconnected from the R/W map. They get the infamous
"Submap Explorer Lost Connection to NetView Console - Exiting Submap Explorer."

The clients are Solaris (thin clients) and there is a native R/W map open at
all times. The native R/W map remains functional. I have only been able to
locate one problem the netview log for the R/W map. Here's an example:

1257932 [Thread-3] ERROR com.tivoli.netview.maptree.server.Client  - run
java.io.EOFException
        at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java(Compiled Code))
        at com.tivoli.netview.maptree.server.Client.run(Client.java(Compiled
Code))

Has anyone else experienced this behavior?

Thanks in advance,
Ray Westphal
Enterprise Rent-A-Car