nv-l

Re: [nv-l] who utilize my the interface?

2004-05-23 09:23:48
Subject: Re: [nv-l] who utilize my the interface?
From: "Bill Evans" <wvevans AT epix DOT net>
To: <nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 09:08:43 -0400
Time to look at RMON.  Try this link for a pretty good overview.

It depends on what equipment you have for your network.  Cisco, for one, supports RMON and NetView can collect the data.  IBM/Tivoli marketed a product some years ago called RMONITOR.  I believe the demand was so smal the market was ceded to the stand-alone sniffers and other RMON products.

Bill Evans