nv-l

Re: [nv-l] if down/up

2004-05-07 04:35:46
Subject: Re: [nv-l] if down/up
From: John M Gatrell <John.Gatrell AT uk.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 09:26:17 +0100

Pulling a cable is not always a fair test.  The electical signals may float, leaving the adapter thinking the cable is still in.
Do you get the same result if you go to the far end of the cable and shutdown the interface on that equipment?
Do you know if the type of lan card is supposed to detect cable outages?
Does 'netstat -in' show the interface as down (asterisk against interface name)?

Sorry to only give questions not answers, hope it helps.

John Gatrell