nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Solaris 2.8 7.1.4 non-framework Installation

2004-05-05 15:23:04
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Solaris 2.8 7.1.4 non-framework Installation
From: Paul <pstroud AT bellsouth DOT net>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 15:12:37 -0400
What exactly do you mean by hardened, and why would you put
your NetView box in the DMZ. I would think that is a very bad
idea. If anyone does get access they have a nice pretty picture
of your entire network without having to get into your network. That is not a good thing in the hands of a hacker.

Have you tried the install on a non-hardened machine?

Paul

IAN.BUNDY AT jpmchase DOT com wrote:

Hi Paul,
              The problem I have is that the Solaris 2.8 Build is hardened
for DMZ environment and not sure if this is just an environmental problem
or something else. But I ran the Netview prereq script and that ran ok >

# ./NVprereq.sh server
INTERP=solaris2
Checking for software prerequisites... OK
Checking for sufficient system memory... OK
Checking for sufficient paging space... OK
Checking for unused paging space... OK
Checking for sufficient disk space... OK
Checking if network daemon is running... OK
Checking if communications are up on the system... OK
Checking if SNMP daemon is running... OK
Checking the availability of Tivoli NetView ports... OK
Continuing...

But then when I go and run the instalnv script I get a bus error, strange
one. Do I need to apply the Solaris interim fix pack even though I am doing
a fresh install and not going from 7.1.x to 7.1.4 ??

Many Thanks > Ian.

Paul <pstroud@bellsout To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com h.net> cc: Sent by: Subject: Re: [nv-l] Solaris 2.8 7.1.4 non-framework Installation owner-nv-l@lists. us.ibm.com 05/05/04 18:26 Please respond to nv-l

That's ugly, I don't think I have seen that one before. Have
you installed the latest patch cluster from Sun?

Paul

IAN.BUNDY AT jpmchase DOT com wrote:

Hi All,
          I am installing 7.1.4 on Solaris 2.8 host and getting the
following error >

# ./instalnv -k SERVER
Installing IBM Tivoli NetView SERVER 7.1.4 on upns13.
./instalnv[501]: 2882 Bus Error

Anyone seen this error before, I think it may be the O/S !!

Thanks > Ian.