nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Local SNMP traps

2004-01-24 06:31:17
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Local SNMP traps
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 11:01:36 +0000
Hi Brian,
You could put the TEC SNMP adapter on your server - it's an Endpoint adapter It will listen for traps on UDP/162 and can then forward them via tme comms to the rest of your Tivoli environment. If you configure your TRAP sending program to send to your loopback address, that should let the SNMP adapter pick them up.

Cheers,
Jane

Brian W Green wrote:

I have an snmp related question.  If I have an application on a server
that spews SNMP traps, and there is a Tivoli EP on the server, is there
a way that I an redirect the SNMP traps to flow through the Tivoli
framework?  We are in a secure network, and every additional
communication requirement is met with some resistance, so I am trying to
find a workaround for this, instead of having SNMP flow through to the
Gateway (where I would run the TEC SNMP adapter) or to NetView.

Thanks,

Brian

Brian W. Green
IBM Certified Deployment Professional
CGI Information Systems and Management Consulting
275 Slater Street, 14th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario
K1P 5H9
(613) 234-2155
brian.green AT cgi DOT com

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2004 Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>.  All rights
reserved.