nv-l

[nv-l] Change TEC forwarding via command line?

2004-01-08 09:53:31
Subject: [nv-l] Change TEC forwarding via command line?
From: "Treptow, Craig" <Treptow.Craig AT principal DOT com>
To: "NetView List (E-mail)" <nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 08:44:45 -0600
Hi.  We are running Netview 7.1.3 on AIX 5.1.  We have a need to temporarily
stop forwarding events to TEC and would like to change this via the command
line over dial-up.

Reading the tecint.conf man page, I see:

"  The /usr/OV/conf/tecint.conf file contains definitions for the forwarding
  of NetView events to TEC. The presence of this file will cause nvserverd to
  attempt TEC forwarding. If absent, no forwarding to TEC will occur."

So, it appears we could temporarily rename the file.  The man page doesn't seem
to say whether or not we will need to bounce nvserverd.  Does anybody know if
we'll need to?

Thanks,

Craig