nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Netviewd and ipmap

2004-01-07 17:54:40
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netviewd and ipmap
From: Paul <pstroud AT bellsouth DOT net>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 17:39:50 -0500
Fawad,
The relationship between ipmap and netviewd is the same
as ipmap and ovw. netviewd IS ovw. They are named
differently but are the same, Im not positive and I
don't have a NetView in front of me, but you might
find that netviewd is actually a hardlink to ovw. So
if you were to say kill netviewd, I would absolutely
expect ipmap for that map to core.

Paul

Qureshi, Fawad wrote:
Netview 7.1.3 - AIX 5.1

Can someone please explain the relationship between netviewd and ipmap?
ipmap cored twice in our environment and I was told that it had something to
do with netviewd going down. I have a PMR open on this but have not been
able to get a good answer so far. Cheers
Fawad Qureshi

Division of Network Engineering - SSA / RSIS