nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Interface Discovery

2003-11-13 10:25:49
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Interface Discovery
From: reamd AT nationwide DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 10:17:56 -0500
I have done a demand poll. I have snmp to the device. I can snmpwalk it and
it brings in the correct bitmaps when discovered. When you drill down to
see the interfaces of the router. It will show all interfaces and there
status, it just shows the interface IP address and not the interface
description.

                          James Shanks

                          <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>     T

                                                   To:   nv-l AT lists.us.ibm
DOT com
                          Sent by:                 cc:

                          owner-nv-l AT lists.us DOT ibm

                          .com                     bcc:

                     Re: [nv-l] Interface Discovery

                          11/13/2003 09:24 AM

                          Please respond to nv-l

Have you tried a demand poll?

You won't get that information until a config poll is done: it requires
SNMP.  If you have a device on the map and no information about i in the
databases, then your community string for that device is probably wrong.

James Shanks
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

    reamd AT Nationwide DOT com

    Sent by:                                 To:
    owner-nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com      nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

                                             cc:
                                             Subject:        [nv-l]
    11/13/2003 09:11 AM              Interface Discovery
    Please respond to nv-l

Hi All,
         During discovery, netview discovers the device and interfaces.
Instead of telling what type of interface it is (FastEthernet, Serial, ect)
it gives me IP addresses. How do I change this. Thanks, Dave

Netview 7.1.3
AIX 5.1