nv-l

RE: [nv-l] nvmaputil.sh command not working?

2003-11-03 13:42:30
Subject: RE: [nv-l] nvmaputil.sh command not working?
From: "Qureshi, Fawad" <Fawad.Qureshi AT ssa DOT gov>
To: "'nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com'" <nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 13:28:31 -0500
Couple of comments:

1. Yes, you need to either have R/W map open or netviewd running in R/W mode
for nvmaputil.sh to work. Though I have seen problems with netviewd, but
always works if R/W default is open.

2. If you are calling nvmaputil.sh from a script, does it work directly from
the command line?

3. I have seen delays of up to several minutes, depending on how busy your
Netview server is, before the map and databases are updated.

Cheers

Fawad Qureshi
Division of Network Engineering - SSA / RSIS
410-965-4413