nv-l

[nv-l] nvmaputil.sh command not working?

2003-11-03 12:09:01
Subject: [nv-l] nvmaputil.sh command not working?
From: "Hill, Channing" <CHill AT bbandt DOT com>
To: "'nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com'" <nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 11:57:34 -0500

Netview 7.1.3 w/ Fixpack 1 on AIX 5.1

I've recently overhauled our production Netview system...OS installed from scratch and Netview 7.1.3 installed via migration method ( databases, conf files, etc. were pulled from a properly working "test" system. Everything appears to be working as designed....just like I had tested except that I can't get "nvmaputil.sh" to do anything. It runs and completes with no errors but has no effect on the symbols or objects it is ran on.

Everything is in place for it to work.....I have one native R/W map (default) opened, the "NVenvironment" script was ran from .profile at login, and I am using the right symbol ID's (taken from ovmapdump) and or selection names in the command.

Anybody got any ideas as to what's missing or why its not working??

Channing Hill
EMS Analyst II
BB&T
(252) 246-3642