nv-l

RE: [nv-l] Authentication Failure Trap Argument interpretation

2003-10-23 09:20:12
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Authentication Failure Trap Argument interpretation
From: "Treptow, Craig" <Treptow.Craig AT principal DOT com>
To: <nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 08:12:27 -0500
Well, if that's the trap hex, it just says "OCTET STRING"  (x04) and not "IP ADDRESS" (x40)
        04 04 a2 83 26 3d
means "octet string of 4 bytes" with that data.  We would expect an IP Address to be
         40 04 a2 83 26 3d

I cannot answer why your other tools seem to know that this is meant as an IP Address.  That's not what it says.

[Treptow, Craig] I don't think I made myself clear.  None of the tools interpret it as an IP address.

Are you saying then that Cisco should be sending this argument with a type of x40, instead of x04?