nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Compress database Directory

2003-10-15 05:14:24
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Compress database Directory
From: jrodriguezj AT soluziona DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:05:56 +0200
Scott,
something related to problems compressing the Neview databases is using the
comand "nvTurboDatabase", which conver, compress and configure the NetView
databases for optimized speed or space. The problem with this command is
that ovtopofix -C should not be run on a nvTurboDatabase.

Regards,
      Jose Rodriguez
      Soluziona Consultoria

"Bursik, Scott {PBSG}" <Scott.Bursik AT pbsg DOT com>@lists.us.ibm.com con fecha
14/10/2003 21:31:45

Por favor, responda a nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

Enviado por:      owner-nv-l-digest AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

Destinatarios:    "'Nv-L (nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com)'" <nv-l AT lists.us.ibm
DOT com>
CC:
Asunto:     [nv-l] Compress database Directory

NetView 7.1.3 AIX 4.3.3

I am doing some trouble shooting on one of my NetView servers and I am
getting ready to restart automatic map generation but before I do I want to
back up my databases directory. I remember someone telling me not to use
tar
on the databases because it can damage them. Is that true and if it is,
what
should I use?

Thanks,

Scott Bursik