nv-l

[nv-l] NV Data Warehouse Enablement

2003-09-10 18:02:50
Subject: [nv-l] NV Data Warehouse Enablement
From: "Karl Prinelle" <Karl.Prinelle AT elyzium.co DOT uk>
To: <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 23:01:47 +0100
Hi list,

NV 7.1.3+fp1, Linux rh 7.2

I'd just like to clarify something I've seen in the archive (same title as this post, reply by Gareth Holl) about the tedw enablement pack.

From the docs & the archive note I'm not clear if the enablement pack needs Netview to be using an rdbms itself (via RIM) already before installing the pack or not?
The tdw doc's don't mention RIM at all, but they do mention the Availability database and point to sql scripts to re-create this (a) database.
I'm wondering if that means the tdw pack runs something like ovtopoconv to pull data from netview flat files & somehow?
I'm also a little unclear if I need to have a full db2 server on my netview machine, or just a configured db2 client?

The (confused) picture in my head says;

On netview (Linux);
    Netview, non-framework install - no RIM
    _No_ DB2 server
    tdwdaemon process
    db2 client configured to point at my w2k db2 server & the NETVIEW database on that which has been created using netview_tdw.sql
    This machine will be periodically writing availability info through the db2 client connection to the database on the windows server.

On Windows;
    DB2
    TEDW - all components
    Configure the Sources and Targets in the Data Warehouse Ctr
    Assorted tedw tasks will re-process the NETVIEW database populated by the Linux box & write it on to the CDW and Data Marts

Can anyone clarify......  If the answer is not on Linux, then replace Linux for AIX - is the process the same?

Ta

Karl Prinelle
Elyzium Ltd
Office: +44 (0)1753 515000
Mobile: +44 (0)7813 189198

Website:www.elyzium.co.uk

Elyzium Disclaimer:
This email transmission is confidential and intended solely for the person
or organisation to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you must not copy, distribute or disseminate the information, or
take any action in reliance of it. Any views expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states
them to be the views of any organisation or employer.
If you have received this message in error, do not open any attachment
but please notify the sender (above) deleting this message from your system.
Please rely on your own virus check no responsibility is taken by the
 sender for any damage arising out of any bug or virus infection.