nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Manually modify the isIProuter flag ?

2003-08-29 15:49:26
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Manually modify the isIProuter flag ?
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 15:48:59 -0400

Well, you could probably reset the flag with nvdbformat I think, but if you did, my guess is that netmon would put is back again at the first demandpoll or config check.  By definition in NetView, a box with two interfaces and  IP forwarding turned on IS a router -- always has been.  You may not think so, but it is, and that's what the flag means.  So why would you want to turn it off?

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Philippe Menard" <PME AT fr.ibm DOT com>

08/26/2003 04:22 AM