nv-l

[nv-l] SNMP Agent Repair

2003-08-29 12:03:58
Subject: [nv-l] SNMP Agent Repair
From: "Bursik, Scott {PBSG}" <Scott.Bursik AT pbsg DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 11:02:39 -0500

NetView 7.1.3 AIX 4.3.3

This is a little off topic, but I know of no better place to post this
question:

I have a Windows 2000 Server that responds to a snmpwalk command, but the
SysObjectID, SysName, SysContact, SysLocation are all missing. They are not
empty; they aren't there when I browse the node. I have used an external
tool (GetIF) as well and get the same thing back. I am getting some values
back from Dell Openmanage agent on that box.

I don't get a response for anything from .1.3.6.1.2 when attempting to walk
to get the system information.

Is there anything that can be done to repair the agent on the Win2K server?

Thanks,

Scott