nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Collecting SNMPv2 Data from Nokia box

2003-08-15 17:29:17
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Collecting SNMPv2 Data from Nokia box
From: John Bruer <ad572 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: "Haibo Yang" <hbyang AT sysway DOT com>
Date: 15 Aug 2003 15:27:51 -0500
"Haibo Yang" <hbyang AT sysway DOT com> writes:

> John Bruer��
>
> I also noticed the TIMETICKS. This keyword, at the very beginning, was not
> added by me. I presumed the snmpcollect made TIMETICKS keyword here. What I
> put there is GAGUE, which shows among the output if a snmpget is conducted.
>
> And from the snmpcol.trace, the log will look like this if I put Gague as the
> keyword:
> THUR. AUG 14 11:37:25  : Invalid type for MIB NokiaCPUUtility.0 node
> 10.10.30.200: 0x42 (need SNMPTIMETICKS).
>
> Right, maybe I should put SNMPTIMETICKS instead of TIMETICKS out there.
>
> Let me try.....

Kinky...

This must be something unique to Windows Netview, and hence I'm now
officially speaking way beyond my experience (as I'm on AIX and have
never touched a Windows NetView).

It seems you've done your due diligence messing with this long enough
to warrant a PMR--I'm sure the good Tivoli folks will be able to help
you fairly quickly.

--
jb