nv-l

[nv-l] Getting enterprise specific MIBs from Dell boxes

2003-08-12 15:58:07
Subject: [nv-l] Getting enterprise specific MIBs from Dell boxes
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 20:57:21 +0100
This is a bit off-topic.
I have Dell OpenManage in my environment. I have imported Dell MIBs and TRAPs into NetView. I can get MIB2 answers out of my Dell box but don't get any answers to any Dell Enterprise specific questions.

Anyone know exactly what steps I need to go through on the Dell box? I am assuming there is some sort of Dell subagent that sits behind the Win2K SNMP agent. Where do I get this? How do I check that it is there? Does it need configuring? I have Dell OpenManage IT Assistant also running on the box but this looks like a management server application rather than an agent app.

Thanks for any clues,
Jane

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2003 Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>.  All rights
reserved.