nv-l

[nv-l] Syntax for snmpcol.conf

2003-08-11 07:08:42
Subject: [nv-l] Syntax for snmpcol.conf
From: "Haibo Yang" <hbyang AT sysway DOT com>
To: "nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com" <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 19:10:1 +0800

Hello, List:

I have an Netview 7.1.3 installed on a Win2000 server and Now I'd like to
collect several data for Nokia. They are snmp V2, so I have to modify
snmpcol.conf manually. But when I open the file, I cannot understand the
syntax, I tried to modified one entry which is a default one. When I restart
the snmpcollect daemon, it says there is an error in the snmpcol.conf file.

The following is an entry in the snmpcol.conf, what is the meaning for each
field?
MIB .1.3.6.1.2.1.6.9 0 tcpCurrEstab units GAUGE R hbyang
C smartset:WebServers 0xffffffff 1800 > 0.000000 <= 0.000000 xA s 58720263

Thank you all.

Bruce Yang
0086-755-26743243
hbyang AT sysway DOT com