nv-l

RE: [nv-l] Vital QIP and NetView....what if

2003-08-08 10:16:20
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Vital QIP and NetView....what if
From: "Cowan, Christopher" <Christopher_Cowan AT sra DOT com>
To: "'Paul'" <pstroud AT bellsouth DOT net>, "'Barr, Scott'" <Scott_Barr AT csgsystems DOT com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:15:20 -0400
The only thing that concerns me with this is that I have a significant
number of DHCP desktops (6500).   Changing the node down delete interval for
this many objects could have side effects to netmon.   I would be
particularly worried about netmon's internal scheduler.

I will  experiment with this idea, though.

--
Chris Cowan
Sr. ESM Consultant