nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Custom menu items - native console

2003-07-15 22:44:11
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Custom menu items - native console
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:41:33 -0400

Have you looked into Rulesets at all? In the processing of rules, you have
access to all of the event attributes.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

                      "DiIulio, Daniel"

                      <Daniel.DiIulio@Digi        To:       "Netview Forum"
<nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
                      talNet.com>                 cc:

                                                  Subject:  [nv-l] Custom menu
items - native console
                      07/15/2003 07:11 PM

Hello Forum Whizzes,

I'm running NetView 7.1.3, Solaris 8.  The native NetView console allows me
to write the contents of any event off in the following ways:

1) As a report file (*.rpt)
2) Save the event to disk (*.ws)
3) Send the contents of the event off as an e-mail

I'd like to ask if there is any way that I can create a custom menu item
that will allow me to call a script and pass the individual fields of the
event off as variables.  If there's a way to do this I would appreciate any
input.

Thank you,

Dan