nv-l

[nv-l] Trap Tuning

2003-06-12 10:53:04
Subject: [nv-l] Trap Tuning
From: "Jeffrey LiVolsi" <JLiVolsi AT jsa-usa DOT com>
To: <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 08:51:04 -0400
Hello,

Would like to know if there are tuning paramters that can be modified to
increase the amount of Traps that can be received by Netview. For example:
If a device experiences a problem, a flood of traps can be sent to Netview.
Netview may not be able to handle the bursts of traps. Is there a buffer/que
that can be increased so that none of the traps are lost? Is there a way to
see if the buffer/que gets overloaded?

We are experiencing a problem with actionsvr dying using rulesets. The
ruleset initiates OVXBEEP with pop-up windows. In looking at the
/usr/OV/app-defaults/NVevents file I see a parameter call maxDisplyMsgs =10.
I believe this controls the amount of popup windows that can be opened at
one time. If this gets exceeded, will this cause actionsvr to die?

Thanks,

Jeffrey LiVolsi