nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Manual Rediscovery

2003-06-12 08:45:22
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Manual Rediscovery
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 08:32:47 -0400
(1) Manual, yes, instant no.  Best method I know of for rediscovery is to
add the IP address to the netmon seed file (assuming that you have
configured ti to use one). If not, then set that up with serversetup. Then
delete the node from the map with GUI up (right click, delete from all
submaps) or use the nvmaputil.sh provided in 7.1.3.  Then ovstop/ovstart
netmon and he should add it again straightaway.

(2)  Do a demand poll, either from the GUI under Test or from the command
line using nmdemandpoll.  See the man page.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

Meyos Yemveng <yemveng AT yahoo DOT ca>
06/11/2003 03:55 PM