nv-l

Re: [nv-l] ovstop hanging during nv6000_smit clear_topology_db_all

2003-06-02 13:16:56
Subject: Re: [nv-l] ovstop hanging during nv6000_smit clear_topology_db_all
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 13:00:39 -0400
Does it also hang from the command line, outside of your script?
I don't know why ovspmd should hang, unless he is still waiting for some
other daemon to stop (nvsecd has to come down first), or the message he's
waiting for got lost when you called this script inside your own script.
In any case, NetView 4.1 is too old even for me to find a good maintenance
history on.
But  nv6000_smit clear_topology_db_all is itself a script, and you can trace it
yourself if you haven't already.
  You don't even have to edit the script if you export
NV_TRACE=nv6000_smit  first.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

jeff.ctr.vandenbussche AT faa DOT gov
06/02/2003 12:31 PM