nv-l

[nv-l] Objects not appearing in maps

2003-05-28 10:53:14
Subject: [nv-l] Objects not appearing in maps
From: "Brian Green" <brian.green AT cgi DOT com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 10:53:03 -0400
I have a situation here where I have two routers that I have added to
Netview using the loadhosts command.  They show up in the database, but they
are not on any maps (I have used locate on all maps).  I checked the
ovobjprint output - the "OVW Maps Exists" and "OVW Maps Managed" fields do
not exist for these two objects.

I get the feeling I need to delete them and re-add them, but I don't seem to
have a command-line way of getting them out of the database.  I searched the
mailing list archives, and saw a reference to the nvmaputil command, but it
does not seem to be on my system.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Brian

Brian W. Green
Tivoli Certified Consultant
Consultant
CGI InfoSec COE
CGI Information Systems and Management Consulting
275 Slater Street, 14th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario
K1P 5H9
(613) 234-2155