nv-l

Re: [nv-l] mib2trap

2003-05-13 11:22:16
Subject: Re: [nv-l] mib2trap
From: Joe Fernandez <jfernand AT kardinia DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 01:24:44 +1000
At 10:34 AM 12/05/2003 -0400, James Shanks wrote:
>Well, actually, there is nothing to do for mib2trap.  I'll bet you output
>files are fine.  Have you examined them?

I'm not brave enough to take the bet but you've got my curiosity going.

The messages at the end say the enterprise OIDs for the traps have not been
resolved.  Aren't these needed for the addtrap? And aren't the messages
saying the top of the MIB itself cannot be resolved (ciscoFlashMIB, which I
presume needs the usual cisco-smi)?

>Theses are warning messages produced by the xnmloadmib2 compiler -- the
>sort of thing you would get if you loaded this MIB into the MIB database
>and didn't have all the pre-reqs or if one of your pre-reqs was
>out-of-date.  Basically, the some parts of this cannot be fully resolved
>with what you already have loaded.
>Beginning in 7.1.3 all warning messages are now displayed.  In prior
>releases, they were all suppressed, but then some users missed critical
>error messages and couldn't determine why their MIBs wouldn't compile into
>trap definitions.   It was an all or nothing thing and it used to be
>nothing.  Now it is all.
>
>The first message is probably the key one:
>        Left-over node ciscoFlashCopyEntry ::= { ciscoFlashCopyTable 1 } (1)
>Your current MIB tree probably doesn't have an entry for
ciscoFlashCopyTable so  there is no place to put what follows.

> [...]

>(195)
>Left-over node ciscoFlashMIBTraps ::= { ciscoFlashMIBTrapPrefix 0 } (0)
>Left-over node ciscoFlashPartitioningEntry ::= {
>ciscoFlashPartitioningTable 1 } (1)
>Left-over node ciscoFlashDeviceRemovable ::= { ciscoFlashDeviceEntry 13 }
>(1)
>Left-over node ciscoFlashDeviceInitTime ::= { ciscoFlashDeviceEntry 12 }
>(1)
>Left-over node ciscoFlashDeviceProgrammingJumper ::= {
>ciscoFlashDeviceEntry 11 } (134)
>Left-over node ciscoFlashDeviceCard ::= { ciscoFlashDeviceEntry 10 } (1)
>Left-over node ciscoFlashDeviceController ::= { ciscoFlashDeviceEntry 9 }
>(1)
>Left-over node ciscoFlashDeviceDescr ::= { ciscoFlashDeviceEntry 8 } (1)
>Left-over node ciscoFlashDeviceName ::= { ciscoFlashDeviceEntry 7 } (1)
>Left-over node ciscoFlashDeviceChipCount ::= { ciscoFlashDeviceEntry 6 }
>(195)
>Left-over node ciscoFlashDevicePartitions ::= { ciscoFlashDeviceEntry 5 }
>(195)
>Left-over node ciscoFlashDeviceMaxPartitions ::= { ciscoFlashDeviceEntry 4
>} (195)
>Left-over node ciscoFlashDeviceMinPartitionSize ::= {
>ciscoFlashDeviceEntry
>3 } (195)
>Left-over node ciscoFlashDeviceSize ::= { ciscoFlashDeviceEntry 2 } (195)

>Left-over node ciscoFlashDeviceIndex ::= { ciscoFlashDeviceEntry 1 } (195)
>Left-over node ciscoFlashFileEntry ::= { ciscoFlashFileTable 1 } (1)
>Left-over node ciscoFlashChipEntry ::= { ciscoFlashChipTable 1 } (1)
>Left-over node ciscoFlashFileTable ::= { ciscoFlashFiles 1 } (14)
>Left-over node ciscoFlashChipTable ::= { ciscoFlashChips 1 } (14)
>Enterprise object id not found for trap ciscoFlashCopyCompletionTrap,
>(6,1).Enterprise object id not found for trap ciscoFlashPartit
>ioningCompletionTrap, (6,2).Enterprise object id not found for trap
>ciscoFlashMiscOpCompletionTrap, (6,3).Enterprise object id not f
>ound for trap ciscoFlashDeviceChangeTrap,
>(6,4).labtmr@(/usr/OV/snmp_mibs)#
>

>Thanks
>
>Simon
>

>_______________________________________
>
>Simon Collins
>Gulf Business Machines - Distributor of IBM WTC
>PO Box 9226
>Dubai, United Arab Emirates
>+ 971 (0)50 65 66 417
>Email: simon AT ae.ibm DOT com

>For additional commands, e-mail: nv-l-help AT lists.tivoli DOT com
>
>*NOTE*
>This is not an Offical Tivoli Support forum. If you need immediate
>assistance from Tivoli please call the IBM Tivoli Software Group
>help line at 1-800-TIVOLI8(848-6548)

>For additional commands, e-mail: nv-l-help AT lists.tivoli DOT com
>
>*NOTE*
>This is not an Offical Tivoli Support forum. If you need immediate
>assistance from Tivoli please call the IBM Tivoli Software Group

Joe Fernandez
Kardinia Software
jfernand AT kardinia DOT com

http://www.kardinia.com