nv-l

[nv-l] nextHop errors

2003-05-07 10:28:11
Subject: [nv-l] nextHop errors
From: "Karl Prinelle" <Karl.Prinelle AT elyzium.co DOT uk>
To: <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 15:24:23 +0100
Hi list,
I'm having a problem with a set of cisco 7200 routers & netmon.
Using NV 7.1.3 with FP1 on NT4 sp6
In netmon.trace I keep getting the following;

Cisco router x.x.x.x interface XX, ignoring UNRESOLVED nextHop: GLASTONBURY_

I'm getting these for each interface of each of the core routers which have ~600 interfaces each.  GLASTONBURY_ isn't in DNS, but I thought this was some part of the Cisco CDP & Netview would still be able to resolve where the nextHop really was.

I've seen a few older posts on the archives, but I've not seen one that says I don't need to worry about this, or that it's some config problem with netview/the router...

Anyone got any views??

tia

Karl

Karl Prinelle
Elyzium Ltd
Office: +44 (0)1753 515000
Mobile: +44 (0)7813 189198

Website:www.elyzium.co.uk

Elyzium Disclaimer:
This email transmission is confidential and intended solely for the person
or organisation to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you must not copy, distribute or disseminate the information, or
take any action in reliance of it. Any views expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states
them to be the views of any organisation or employer. If you have received
this message in error, do not open any attachment but please notify the sender
(above) deleting this message from your system. Please rely on your own virus
check no responsibility is taken by the sender for any damage arising out of
any bug or virus infection.