nv-l

[nv-l] Daemon Error Messages

2003-04-24 09:59:14
Subject: [nv-l] Daemon Error Messages
From: "CATALINA MARTINEZ" <CATALINA.MARTINEZ AT tlc.state.tx DOT us>
To: <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 08:56:37 -0500
I've noticed that when a deamon dies I get the message displayed at either the Server itself or X-term client but not both. Has anyone seen this?

For example, today I had netmon and snmpcollect error on the Server . I called the operators they did not have anything. I then fixed those errors and an hour later the operators called me and said they had netmon error ( and there was Nothing on the server).

I would expect the error messages to always appear on the Server itself, but that's not the case.

Catalina
Aix 433 ML10 Netview 712