nv-l

RE: [nv-l] problem with node not showing up on map

2003-03-28 15:50:07
Subject: RE: [nv-l] problem with node not showing up on map
From: "DePhillips, Frank" <fdephillips AT McLeodUSA DOT com>
To: "'James Shanks'" <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>, nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 11:43:42 -0600

James,

        I have the holding area turned on so all new routers get placed in the holding area before I put them on the map.  I added four routers last week and this one did not show up.  I did a locate and the router was not found by name or ip address.  I just ran the ovobjprint command and looked for the ip address and name in the output and it was not found. I have one map that is running production monitoring and I'm currently running a new map to clean up placement of nodes.

        I just tried to create the router by adding a new object and it comes back with the object selection name already exists and is a different type.

        Any other way I can find this object and delete it?

Thanks

Frank