nv-l

Re: [nv-l] link between Netview and infoman ticketing system ?

2003-03-28 14:27:05
Subject: Re: [nv-l] link between Netview and infoman ticketing system ?
From: Bill Evans <wvevans AT attglobal DOT net>
To: Francois Le Hir <flehir AT ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 14:15:27 -0500
There may be some sample programs for integrating Distributed NetView events into the Tivoli InfoMan product but it's not obvious.  Take a look at the sample library (SBLMSAMP) shipped with InfoMan.  Keep in mind that much of the function I mention is only available for AIX.

Alternatives I can suggest are:
  • Implement the Multi System Manager for IP (MSMIP) to ship events to NetView for zOS-OS/390 and use the NetView-Info Bridge function (or AutoBridge) to get the events to Infoman.  If you have NetView 390 with the Graphics function active this is the easiest way in my humble opinion. .
  • Implement the NetView Service Point for AIX and see chapter 17 of the Guide to Integrating with Tivoli Applications
  • Implement an IP message receiver at the mainframe and use the Infoman API to put the event into the database.
The key document is:
Title:
Tivoli Information Management for z/OS V7.1 Guide to Integrating with Tivoli Applications

Document Number: SC31-8744-00

Thanks for the question; it was a trip down memory lane into products I worked on in the past before Mr. Gerstner's offer to retire a decade ago -- InfoMan,  the AutoBridge and Service Point for AIX.  I hope you find your solution.

Bill Evans -- Consultant in Systems Management

Francois Le Hir wrote:
We are presently looking for solutions to link our Netview to a ticketing
system from IBM: infoman
Is one of you aware if this has already been done ?

thanks a lot for any information you might be able to provide.
Please copy me in the reply (on top of sending to the list)

Salutations, / Regards,

Francois Le Hir
Network Projects & Consulting Services
IBM Global Services