nv-l

[nv-l] Cisco Integration Utility

2003-03-26 08:42:06
Subject: [nv-l] Cisco Integration Utility
From: reamd AT Nationwide DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 08:31:45 -0500
Hi All,
         I opened another TAC case with cisco for the integration Utility
for AIX 5.1 Netview 7.x..  When I opened the TAC case I requested a Bug ID.
This is what they replied:   Hi David,

Thanks for contacting Cisco. My name is Eugene Cao and I am assigned to
help you with your case.

As you may know CW2000 dropped the support for AIX and HP UX platforms
since Jan. 2002:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/wr2k/cpbn/prodlit/1626_pp.htm

This is because very few custommers are using those platforms and Cisco has
to be more cost effective. This also includes Integration Utility which is
part of CD-1. However, I did file a new feature enhancement request
(CSCea56191: Integration Utility does not support AIX 5.x for NetView 7.x)
on your behalf. I doubt the developers will do much about it. However, you
should be able to track the status in a few days at:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?CSCea56191

You may want to pass this ID CSCea56191 to your Cisco account team to see
if they can help to get the developers to take a look.

Hope this helps. Please let me know what you think and if I should close
this case. Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

--Eugene

So, anyone on this forum that has the need for a cisco integration utility
for AIX 5.x please open a tac case with cisco and request a bug id for the
cisco integration utility for AIX 5.x Netview V7.x.....   Thanks, Dave