nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Support for AIX 5.2

2003-03-13 17:34:17
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Support for AIX 5.2
From: Gareth Holl <gholl AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 17:24:37 -0500

Regarding NetView 7.1.3, it is "limited" because a fresh installation of NetView on AIX 5.2 is not supported (and will not work unless you hack a little). However it you already have NetView 7.1.3 installed on AIX 5.1 or 4.3.3-ML10 and then upgrade the OS to AIX 5.2, NetView will work and you will be supported - this is my understanding.

Gareth Holl
Staff Software Engineer
gholl AT us.ibm DOT com

IBM Software Group - Tivoli Brand
Research Triangle Park,  North Carolina.

Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>

03/13/2003 03:11 PM

        cc:
        Subject:        [nv-l] Support for AIX 5.2

I have just been checking the Tivoli support matrix and it looks like we
have support for AIX 5.2 now, with most of the latest versions of the
Tivoli products.  Now I know that this matrix has not always been
exactly correct, so can anyone confirm this for Fwk 4.1, TEC 3.8, DM
5.1.1 and NetView 7.1.3?

The entry for NetView 7.1.3 has CS LIMITED - anyone know what the
"LIMITED" is trying to say?

Thanks,
Jane

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2003 Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>.  All rights reserved.