nv-l

[nv-l] Setting the Stack to Non-Executable - Will that pose an impact to Netview?

2003-03-11 09:39:24
Subject: [nv-l] Setting the Stack to Non-Executable - Will that pose an impact to Netview?
From: "DiIulio, Daniel" <Daniel.DiIulio AT DigitalNet DOT com>
To: "Netview Forum" <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 09:26:32 -0500
Hello Everyone,

I'm running NV 7.1.3 on Solaris 8 - I'm forced to set the Stack to
Non-Executable to meet a government security requirement.

In /etc/system the following lines will have to read:

set noexec_user_stack=1
noexec_user_stack_log=1

A possible workaround (I think) is to use the mprotect statement for each app
that needs to be executable.
I'm wondering if this will keep NV from operating normaly.

Thanks,

Dan