nv-l

[nv-l] Re: [tme10] Java Question

2003-03-08 02:27:14
Subject: [nv-l] Re: [tme10] Java Question
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 07:18:30 +0000
Only experience I can comment on is with the NetView Web Console in a browser. This supports 1.3, repeat 1.3! It fails with 1.4.

I totally agree that we need a) some clear documentation and b) some consistency among Tivoli products. I thought Java was supposed to be the universal heterogeneous panacea!

A suggestion to those nice people who run the Redbook program - how about a volume on Java deployment throughout Tivoli? Starting with a chapter or two tutorial on Java. I know my knowledge is woefully poor in this area and it is now creeping in to nearly all the Tivoli product range (and everyone else's products too!).

Cheers,
Jane

Carnegie, Martin wrote:

Hi All,

Has anyone tried changing the Java from 1.3 to 1.4.1? We use Framework
(obviously), SD 4.1, INV 4.0 and TEC.  We are finding 1.3 to be slow and
buggy and have heard rumors of people doing it, but have not found any info
on how to do it.  It would be nice if Tivoli said "You need X.X version
minimum" then allow you to say where the Java binaries are installed (IHMO).

Thanks

Martin Carnegie
ATCO I-Tek
Phone: 780.420.5068
Pager: 780.671.2895
mailto:martin.carnegie AT atcoitek DOT com

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2003 Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>.  All rights
reserved.