nv-l

[nv-l] import oid field in non snmp device

2003-03-07 15:45:02
Subject: [nv-l] import oid field in non snmp device
From: "Francois Le Hir" <flehir AT ca.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 15:33:48 -0500
Hi all,

We have a problem with the representation on the map of routers that do not
support snmp. Instead of appearing at the subnet level, they appear as a
simple node inside the segment and the icon is empty. I know this is
because Netview can not get the oid of the object using snmp and therefore
doesn't know that it is a router.
Is there a way to force the devices to be seen as a router ?
I tried to merge the "capabilities" of the device with a template that
include isIPRouter=TRUE but that doesn't change anything.
Maybe there is a way to import an oid in the node ? will that do the trick
?

AIX 4.3.3, Netview 7.1.3, TSA 1.21

Thanks,
Salutations, / Regards,