nv-l

Re: [nv-l] NetView won't start

2003-03-07 14:00:50
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NetView won't start
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 13:51:16 -0500
Are you using NetView security?  If so, then try turning it off by editing
/usr/OV/security/conf/sec.conf and setting the SECURITY_LEVEL_FLAG=OFF.
If not, then from the messages it sounds like something is wrong with your
access to /usr/OV/security.  Could you have filled up  /usr/OV filesystem?
 It should always have at least 20 per cent free space.

If none of that helps, is there a /usr/OV/security.backup directory on
your 4.1 box, like there is on later ones?  If so, then rename
/usr/OV/security to something else and rename /usr/OV/security.backup   to
/usr/OV/security and see if that helps.

I take it that you have told your management that one of these days, this
thing is going to break and you won't e able to get help anywhere in the
world to fix it.
Neither NetView 4.1 nor AIX 4.1.5 can be serviced any more.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

jeff.ctr.vandenbussche AT faa DOT gov
03/07/2003 01:29 PM