nv-l

[nv-l] How to control the amount of characters allowed in an event field

2003-03-05 08:25:42
Subject: [nv-l] How to control the amount of characters allowed in an event field
From: "DiIulio, Daniel" <Daniel.DiIulio AT DigitalNet DOT com>
To: <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 08:14:06 -0500
Hello all,

I'm looking to customize the amount of characters allowed within the various
fields of a Netview Event.  Is there a configuration file I can edit that will
allow me to do that?

I'm experiencing a problem where I'm executing a script (via automatic action)
and passing three variables.  $2 contains a message text string (5 words
approximately).  When the event occurs, the trigger works fine, the event
populates the event list, but the message text is being truncated, making the
event unusable.  Any ideas as to where I can begin to look?

Thanks,

Dan